This 10 hour course will provide a unique in-depth look at the autonomic nervous system. Understanding the function and interplay the ANS has with every part of the body and neuraxis is vital in appreciating our patients presenting conditions and their metabolic capacity during care. Dr Brock will explore and make clinically relevant the anatomy and physiology of the ANS, as well as address how integrated its dysfunction is with many neurologically impaired conditions.
Much of the course is devoted to clinical and functional assessment, management and applications that relate to poor ANS function, or dysautonomia.
Bedside and laboratory testing of the vascular, cardiac, respiratory and brain-control centres will be explored. Additionally, Dr Brock will impart his vast experience with receptor based therapy to teach integrated care to cover each topic. Clinical management will be geared heavily on an emphasis related to application, nutritional, immune dysfunction, metabolic support, testing, and case studies that will guide integrating functional neurology and nutrition and modern methods of care.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE
- Physical Exam for individuals with autonomic disorders.
- POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome)
- Cardiac disorders
- Vascular disorders
- Phospholipid disorders
- Cortical, cerebellar and brainstem disorders
- Diseases that promote this condition such as those that impact electrolytes, connective tissues, catecholamines, limbic function and cognitive capacity.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Neurophysiology- understand the neuro-circuitry as in relates to clinical practice.
- Clinical testing from a Neuro Rehabilitation perspective (bedside, lab, electrophysiolog.)
- Clinical management from a Neuro Rehabilitation perspective.
- Nutritional/Immune/Metabolic support around a Neuro Rehabilitation approach.
- Practical break outs to workshop learnings with simple and effective tool-kits to bring into your practice.
This course has 6 recorded sessions from leading industry practitioners (10 hour CPD)
All session notes provided as downloadables
Unlimited Access for 12 months. Complete in your own time
Receive personalised Certification once the course has been completed
Gain access to our network and become listed on our Practitioner Locator
Watch courses, save your progress on our free online learning app
DR. BRANDON BROCK
Dr. Brandon Brock resides in America and is a Chiropractor* with a Doctorate in Nursing Practice and a researcher who specializes in musculoskeletal, neurological, and regenerative medicine. He holds diplomate status in nutrition, functional neurology, conventional medicine, and integrative medicine and is a Global Clinical Research Scholar from Harvard Medical School. He has been named Neurology Instructor of the Year five times by various organizations, received the Living Legacy Award from Samford University, and was Duke University's spotlight student. He practices full time at several locations in Dallas, Texas, does research, and most of all loves educating healthcare providers with BTB Health Systems.
* Dr Brock is an American Chiropractor with temporary registration in Australia
Once purchased you will receive immediate access to this course. There are no refunds on purchases and the course must be completed within 12 months to receive any completion certificates associated.